Friday, November 8, 2013

Give Thanks Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to Whimsical Designs' Give Thanks Blog Hop!

You should have arrived from Stephanie's blog, which is also the beginning of the hop, so if you need to start the beginning of the hop, please head over there. :)


For my project, I decided to work ahead a bit and create a Project Life layout for the week of Thanksgiving. I've worked on my PL album here and there since the semester started and really plan on catching up over my holiday break, and then making it a regular feature on my blog starting in 2014.

My mom's side of the family always has an early Thanksgiving the Sunday before Thanksgiving day, and this is what this spread will primarily be about.


Obviously there aren't any pictures yet since the event hasn't happened, but I've embellished everything so pictures are ready to be put in place, and within just a few minutes the spread will be complete. I used a mixture of cards from PL kits and also made a few of my own cards using Echo Park's "Fall Reflections" paper collection, which has been an absolute favorite of mine this fall. (And yes - that's a feather in the top right of the layout).


These two cards that have writing on them are from Project Life's Mini Seasons Kit. It has lots of fun cards for holidays year round! I wrote some of my favorite Thanksgiving foods on the menu card, and wrote about a tradition we have every year. I cut the turkey silhouette using my Cameo and added some washi tape to the plaid card.


This leaf was cut using my Cameo as well, and I used Champagne Stickles around the border of the leaf. I also used some gold metallic twine from Two Berry Creative to accent the leaf, and adhered it to the card using Glossy Accents. 


This top card will be used to document the events of the holiday, and I used the turkey from the silhouette cut-out as an embellishment, adding a bit of Champagne Stickles to the turkey's feathers. I believe this 4x6 card is also from the Mini Seasons Kit.

Thanks so much for joining us in today's hop! Your next stop is Elisabetta's blog.




18 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the papers and all the embellishments. I LOVE LOVE the leaf..very creative and it really adds a pop to the LO. Thank you for joining the hop:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job ,,, your leaf is very pretty.. nb\ice job with the stickles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. YOu are set for 2014 lol
    I love your project.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome that you are working ahead...love the embellishments you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, how did you know I was going to ask about that feather? It just stands out for some reason! Love this, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTG, what a gr8t way to create wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like all the sweet details you added.

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look great and all you need to do is add the photos :) Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous addition to your Project Life! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. This layout turned fabulous...although reading about that food made me REALLY hungry...LOL! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is great!! love those papers and those embellishments.. I love looking at PL pages and yours is definitely inspiring..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your little embellishments---the feather, the turkey, etc.! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout - love the papers and embellishments.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great page Ashley! The papers are wonderful and I really like the look of the leaf with the added Stickles! Lucky you to be ahead of the game!
    xxxMargie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your layout, Ashley... I'm liking project life more and more every time I see a really cool layout. I haven't scrapbook in such a long time its pathetic. TFS.. Happy Hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your PL page- the turkey embellishments are great and I love how you embellished the leaf

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cute! Love the turkeys and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...