Thursday, October 10, 2013

Season's Greetings


Hey everyone! Today I am super excited to announce that I am a guest designer at Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions this month! Beckie and I go way back to when my own little blog hosted challenges and she helped me organize them. I was thrilled when she asked me to guest design!

The first project I created as a guest designer is a holiday card using 1.5" Striped Grossgrain ribbon in Burgundy/Ivory from May Arts.


The inspiration came for this card came from Pinterest, although I changed mine up a bit. For starters, I turned the 1.5" ribbon into 3/4" ribbon by folding it in half and adhering it with my ATG gun. It took up less room on the card this way and allowed for more heat embossed snowflakes. The 'Season's Greeting' stamp is one I purchased in the $1 bin at JoAnn Fabrics a while back.


Here's a close up of the embossing. I wasn't picky about leaving specks of embossing powder on the card before embossing since it adds even more to the falling snow effect. I love how this card turned out and might even consider making a few more to use this holiday season.

Thanks so much for stopping by, be sure to check back next Thursday for another project made using more fabulous projects from Sparkly Sweet!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Ashley!! Love the bow and the heat embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! The Kraft card stock enhances the bow and snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...