Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's Raining...

Happy Sunday! Are you all having a great weekend? It's actually not raining here, it's HOT! Where was this warm weather a few weeks ago when the high was only in the 70s every day?! Mother Nature is strange sometimes...

I'm all settled into my new home (yay!) and now that I've got a feel for my new living space, I can start working on some decor pieces, which I'm pretty excited about. I went to Michaels this morning and picked up some canvases - it'll be my first time creating wall art! That'll be my project for next weekend, so stay tuned for a post - as long as the pieces turn out okay. :)


I only had a little bit of time to get crafty this weekend, but I managed to get a card finished for this week's sympathy card challenge at Peachy Keen. No matter how busy my schedule is, I always make time to play along in their super fun challenges each week.


Sympathy cards are a challenge for me, mostly since I'm used to making bright and cheerful cards. I did the best I could to still pull some brighter colors into the card, while still being sympathetic. The sentiment is from Sweet Stamp Shop. The set comes with an umbrella too, but I wanted to make my own umbrella so I could add a Peachy face. :) The umbrella is cut from the April Showers Cricut cartridge at 2.5" and I stamped a face from PK-493 Everyday Character Face Parts. Papers are from Echo Park's "This & That" collection, and I embellished with pearls and 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon.

I'm off to get some more homework done (I can tell it's going to be a crazy semester!) and then I'm hoping to get started on my first Project Life layout, so I can share it with you all this week!

Have a great rest of your evening. :)


11 comments:

  1. Sweet card indeed! Love the pearls on the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is totally sweet as can be, I struggle with sympathy as well! I love this and that sentiment it fabulous as well!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it....and what a super neat sentiment!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is that umbrella so sad? :) Beautiful design! Glad you're all settled in your new home. Enjoy!!!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Such a sad face but brings a smile to mine :)
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card Ashley! Love the pretty papers and sad little umbrella - very sweet. Thanks for playing along with our Sympathy Card Challenge this week at Peachy Keen Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ashley! I reckon you told this challenge who's boss!! Your card is amazing! Thanks so much for joining in with our Challenge this week at Peachy Keen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I love this card! That is a fantastic sentiment! I am googling it right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card! Thanks for joining along in the PKS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I struggle with sympathy cards too! They are difficult for sure, but you totally rocked this. I love your papers, and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...