Monday, July 8, 2013

Make Lemonade :)

 Happy Monday, everyone! Today I'm sharing a step card I made as my DT project for the new summer challenge at Get Inky!


What a fun card this was to make! I started by cutting the card base out of Kraft cardstock using my Silhouette. Then, I cut the lemons and the pitcher of lemonade also using my Silhouette. The small lemon slices and the sentiment are from Get Inky's "Joyful Jar Drinks" stamps set, and I stamped everything in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.


I gave the lemons some character by giving them faces from Peachy Keen's PK-461 Happy Lashes stamp set. For their cheeks I used Worn Lipstick Distress Ink by Tim holtz to give them the rosy look, and colored their tongues in with a red Copic marker.


The lemonade pitcher was cut out of vellum to give it a glassy look, and I added some Glossy Accents to the ice cubes, although it's hard to tell in this picture.


One last full view of the card! I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder with my Cuttlebug to add some texture on the white paper on the different "steps" of the card.

Hope to see you linking up in Get Inky's summer challenge! We love seeing all those fun summer projects you've been working on. :)



11 comments:

  1. I love your cheerful and super cute card! I need to try this style card sometime. Such a great design!

    Tracy Godfrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now you just need to stop this nonsense, Ashley! This card is toooo cute!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL this is too stinking cute... I love love love it!!!!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper cute! Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Summer” Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super cute!. Great deets.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome and perfect for a refreshing summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh too darn cute! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stinken cute! I love the faces and the design is just adorable!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is over the top beautiful Ashley! Sooo special! I love lemons.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...