Tuesday, July 16, 2013

First PL Layout & Exciting News!

Happy Tuesday! Today I am SUPER excited to announce that I'm the July guest designer for Heartstring Designs! This is my first time working with a kit club and so far I'm loving it! 

If you've never heard of Heartstring Designs, they're a monthly kit club and provide an awesome kit every month for great price! You can read more about them on their About Us page, and even visit their brand new Ning site, where you just might learn a little about me, too!


Now, on to my first guest designer project using July's Summer Lovin' kit! A few of you may know that I'm planning on starting Project Life next month when I move. My poor Jade collection kit has been sitting all alone waiting for me to start playing with it! This weekend I finally got to do that when I put together my FIRST Project Life layout using a few cards from the Jade edition, and lots of goodies from the Summer Lovin' kit!


Here's an overview of the whole layout - I'm really proud of it! Even though Project Life is made to be simple, I've seen so many great pages that the thought of making my own was a bit intimidating, but I'm really happy with how it turned out! Now for some close-ups... 


I used the striped Simple Stories card from the kit to document the weather for the week, we're headed into a bit of a heat wave! I printed off a screenshot from my iPhone and added some Thickers and a chipboard embellishment from Simple Stories. 


I documented one of my bike rides (something I've been doing a lot of this summer) using a bi-fold card from the Jade kit and a chipboard bicycle also from Simple Stories. I even got to use my date stamp for the first time, woo hoo!


I journaled a tiny bit about an ice cream date with my sister using a Jade card and a cute little ice cream cone chipboard embellishment from Simple Stories. 


The polka dot card is from Simple Stories (love it!) and I took a picture of my book and sunglasses out on the chair where I read on our patio. The fabric tape and the chipboard sun are from the Summer Lovin' kit, and I used more sparkly Thickers to spell out 'relax.'  

Putting together this page has got me feeling super excited to start doing this on a weekly basis and sharing my layouts with you! I'm hoping to have a regular Project Life feature on my blog towards the end of August. :)

Check back next Tuesday for another guest designer project using more awesome supplies from the Summer Lovin' Kit by Heartstring Designs!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Guest Designer Spot Ashley!! I love your PL layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Ash! How excited!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Ash! I love it! Guess what, I'm a HUUUUGE Project Lifer; I've been using it WAAAYYYY before it became "known" out there; it was only available on Amazon until just recently. I also use Simple Stories products. Here, check out my stuff on my blog! http://valbydesign.com/?s=project+life+simple+stories

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your exciting news. I love this layout! My project life materials just arrived and I think I'll use your layout for ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout!! I can't wait to see your pages every week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...