Sunday, April 21, 2013

PKS 13-16: Anything Goes!

Happy Monday! I hope you all are having a great start to your week! My weekend was pretty low key, worked all day Saturday and relaxed Saturday evening, then spent nearly ALL day yesterday in my crafty space! It was lovely. :) Since I had some extra time I decided to play along in this week's anything goes challenge over at Peachy Keen Stamps!

Mother's Day is just around the corner, so I took this opportunity to make a card for my mom:


This was my first time making a swing card! The cut from the Silhouette store made it super easy. :) The base is purple DCWV cardstock and the patterned papers are also DCWV, from their Glitter Stack. Picked this stack up at Michael's for $5 a couple of weeks ago - such a great deal!


I am in LOVE with the center of this card! The scallops are also cut with my Silhouette and the 3D flower file is from the Silhouette store as well. I used Star Dust Stickles on the orange petals to match the treatment in the glitter paper - although it's a bit hard to see here. The adorable face is from PK-943 Funshine Face Parts and is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. 


Here's the card flat and folded, it's about 5.5" tall. 


I found this sweet Mother's Day poem/sentiment here. I wasn't looking for something sappy, just something sweet and kind that I know will make my mom smile. I think this will do the trick! I also have another Mother's Day project planned using some good ol' Peachy Keen Stamps - can't wait to get it made and posted!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful week. :)

Linking Up Here:
PKS 13-16 - Anything Goes
Catered Crop - Just Add Glitter
Crafts 4 Eternity - April Showers
Platypus Creek Digitals - Flowers & Pearls


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Ashley.
    Lovely Motherdayspoem.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a GREAT Mother's day card,It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!LOVE your sweet flower,Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very BEAUTIFUL!!
    Would love if you joined us at 2 Creative Chicks challenge blog!This months challenge theme is "Mothers Day"!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is adorable! I think I will have to try something similar. Thanks for the inspiration! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love center of the card too. I like to watch what can be done with silhouette. I look forward to seeing more of your creations with it. I'm sure your mom will be very happy for such a beautiful card.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing at Peachy Keen's Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun swing card! I'm gonna have to look into that..especially since you said it was pretty easy!! ;) Great job! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful swing card!! Love it!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky Mom you have to be getting this CUTE card!!! thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous job on the swing card! Your mom will love it! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ~Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card the image is simply striking............. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Platypus Creek Digitals................. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    SOMA
    (Platypus Creek Digitals DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...