Saturday, October 27, 2012

UnBOOlievable Blog Hop

Welcome to the UnBOOlievable Blog Hop!


Today a great group of crafty ladies have teamed up to share with you some super spooky and cute projects, just in time for Halloween! If you've come from Teresa's blog, you're in the right place. If you've just come across the hop and would like to start at the beginning, please visit Lisa's blog

October has been an insanely busy month for me, and all of my projects have been kept fairly simple. For today's hop I decided to make some party decorations that could be used to accent a Halloween centerpiece.




I've seen these paper straws a lot around the blogosphere lately and was so happy when I finally saw some at Michael's! I purchased a pack of 15 (there were three of each color - black, orange, and purple) for only $1.99! They're super cute and I can't wait to come up with some other project ideas for them. 

The main shapes are cut at 4" from the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge and the spooky pumpkin and bat are cut at 2.5" from the Teresa Collins Chic & Scary Cricut cartridge. I blinged them up a little bit by adding some adhesive rhinestones around the border. Super cute and easy, and they can even be reused if they don't get damaged during the chaos of the party. :)

Before you head to the next stop of the hop, please check out my 600 follower giveaway! I'm only 35 followers away from reaching 600 followers. :)

Your next stop is Christine's blog!



18 comments:

  1. Simple but adorable :)

    Melissa
    iamapapermaniac.blogspot.com
    scraplady202@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cute! You could put them in a plant to decorate it. bbiswabic@new.rr.com or my blog, Crazy About Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have some of these straws only they're from the Pepsi Co. I wonder if I can paint them with Halloween or possibly Christmas colors. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable...I need to remember these straws the next holiday that comes along.

    teresascraps@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I purchased those same straws at Michaels :) Great project to use them for!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Интересная идея оформления праздника
    avalon_amber@mail.ru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project!

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley this is such a cute idea!! Love them!
    So happy to hop with you!!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea Ashley -- I'm going to have to go out and find some straws now :) TFS


    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love it. Fun idea. Thanks for sharing something a little different.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a super fun idea, love the way they turned out!! Happy to be a part of this hop with you :0)
    Diana
    daisylovecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I've been wanting to play with some paper straws but haven't had the chance yet. Your project turned out super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the paper straws!! these would be great in a vase with some candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are very cute

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...