Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Trick or Treat!

This week's Would You Ever Guess Wednesday at My Cricut Craft Room is all about using the Create a Critter cartridge, without using a critter! Sounds sort of difficult at first, but with the phrase and accessory features, it's actually pretty easy to come up with something. I created this Halloween card using the Create a Critter 2 cartridge:





Both the treat bag and the 'Trick or Treat' phrase are cut at 3 inches. The papers are from the DCWV Halloween & Fall 180 sheet paper pack and the green buttons are from my stash. I decided to try something different and distress the buttons to match the distressed treat bag/candy, and I think it turned out okay. Had the candy not been cut with the treat bag, I would've made the candy bigger and not used the buttons. But I needed something to fill that corner spot and the green buttons matched the patterned paper perfectly, so I decided to give it a try. Sometimes a little improv is all a card needs! :)

Make sure to stop by My Cricut Craft Room to see how the other design team members used their Create a Critter cartridges without the critters. :)

Have a great day!
Ashley

9 comments:

  1. too cute

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***swoon*** love that DCWV paper and adore the entire card! Fabulous job Ashley
    :O)
    Jessica S
    MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Ashley! Love the background paper you used and the added buttons.
    ClaireR
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Ashley!! Love that background paper and the super cute treat bag die cut! Great card, as usual!

    Hugs,
    HL
    MCCR DT SISTER

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Ashley. Love the distressed buttons. If you own a gypsy, you could have used the hide/contour feature to cut the candy seperately and make it larger. I think you can do the the same thing in CCR???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Ashley! I think the buttoms make the card just perfect! The candy and the trick or treat bag are super cute!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is adorable, we just can not lose, making cards with either of the CAC cartridges. They always make fun cards, even without the animals. Your is so bright and fun.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCRDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card is awesome. I kept looking at the candy and trying to figure out what to do with it. I think you made it work perfectly with your card.

    Tammy S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...