Friday, August 3, 2012

Digi Haven Back to School Challenge!

It's time for a new school year this week at Digi Haven! This week's challenge is a 'Back to School' freebie digi challenge.

Use any FREE Back to School digital Image. The image can be a forever freebie, limited time freebie or freebie of the month as long as it’s free for the duration of this challenge.  There are a lot of terrific forever freebie images on Elizabeth O. Dulemba's site that will work perfectly in this challenge.  Check out her free digital images coloring pages HERE. Please be sure to link back to the original artist or website on your blog.  This challenge ends on Thursday and the winners will be posted on Sunday.

I normally don't decorate the inside of my cards unless I know when I'm making them that I'll be giving it to someone. Otherwise, I keep them all and go back and embellish the insides later once I know who it's for. Although I'm not planning on giving this card to anyone, I chose to complete the inside of the card. After looking at the photos, you'll see why. :)





I used one of Elizabeth Dulemba's images to make this card (which can be found here) and printed it a bit too big. When I realized I wouldn't be able to do much embellishing because of the size of the image, I decided to make a smaller card (4" by 4") and turn it into a lunchbox note that I thought would be really cute for a mom to slip in her kid's lunchbox. On the inside of the card I handwrote 'Time flies when you're having lunch!' <3 Mom, to show the purpose of the card. 

Stop by Digi Haven to check out what other back to school freebies the design team found to use on their projects for this week!

Ashley  

6 comments:

  1. Very fun and perfect for the back to school theme inside and out!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a perfect Back to school card!!
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun card, the little handwritten note inside is a nice touch. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley this is a wonderful card and the inside is just perfect. It will surely bring a smile to a little one's day. ♥ Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tick tock back to school card is very cute! And I love the inside!
    ~Sandy, Digi Haven DT
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...