Thursday, August 16, 2012

Anything But A Square or Rectangle...

...completely terrifies me! For someone who has only been making cards for a little over a year now, I hardly ever make shaped cards. Up until the past couple of months, I wasn't really able to anyways because I didn't have the materials to do so. Now that I have added a couple of Cricut cartridges to my collection that have the capability of making shaped cards, I'm slowly beginning to make some. :)

Anyways! This week's challenge at Stamping with Dragon is to create anything but a square or rectangle. I chose to use the Penny with Butterflies image to create my shaped card. The card is actually held together with a pink brad so that it can swing to the side to open and close.




I couldn't embellish the inside of the card too much because any 3D embellishments would have given the front of the card an awkward shape. The shape of the card was made using the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge - perfect for creating shaped cards of all shapes and sizes!

Come join us for this week's challenge at Stamping with Dragon!



Have a crafty day!
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card Ashley. I love round cards. I don't have any dragons, but I'm gonna look around and see what I can find. Great job though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...