Thursday, December 15, 2011

Photo Inspiration by Perfect Sentiments

I just drank my first cup of hot chocolate of the season and am ready to settle down and write this post. :) Tonight I'd like to share with you the card I made for this week's Perfect Sentiments challenge. 


The flowers look coral-colored in the picture (I'm so sorry!) but they really are pink like the flowers in the inspiration photo are, I promise. 



The challenge was to create a card reflecting an anniversary sentiment based off the following picture:



When I first saw the picture, I automatically knew I wanted to use the colors in the photo, white and black with a hint of blue. I also knew I wanted to use some form of lacy ribbon to match the curtain, but then I didn't know where to go from there. After contemplating for a while, I decided to use the flowers in the picture and found the 'perfect sentiment' (no pun intended) to match the card. I handmade the flowers using a flower punch and watercolor paint, and added the pearls around the border of the die cut shape. I'm actually really pleased with how it turned out! :)

Thanks for reading! :) 

Ashley

9 comments:

  1. No joke Ashley I am sitting here drinking my first cup of Swiss Miss of the season reading your post and I absolutely adore the pun of your sentiment. Your card is elegant and sentiment is "perfect". Thanks for joining us over at the Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job of showcasing that fabulous sentiment! This card is perfect. Thank you for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card- I love the beautiful flowers! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley..i believe this is your most awesome card yet! At least...it's my favorite ;0)

    You did great!!!

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean and simple at its best with great color selection incorporating the inspiration photo. Love the sentiment, too! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sentiment is "perfect" as well as your card. I love your flowers and the bling you used. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card- and I love how you brought in that hint of blue. Awesome sentiment. Great job on this challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how this card turned out Ashley! congrats on Perfect 3 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...