Monday, November 14, 2011

Exploding Box

The challenge this week here at Made Especially For You is to make an exploding box. You can enter the challenge by clicking here. I had never made (or even heard of) an exploding box before, and was actually really nervous about this challenge. I found this great tutorial that really helped me out. Thankfully, it was easier than I thought it would be!

Inside of the box. There are three different layers. I loved that the papers were so bold because then less embellishing was needed. When read clockwise, the inside says "snow."

This is what the box looks like all closed up. This is why I loved the double-sided paper! The outside of the box is different than the papers on the inside. Instead of using ribbon I tied the bow with lace, it gives it a more "wintery" feel. 

I made my first trip to the scrapbooking store Archiver's (aka: heaven) last week and found some really gorgeous winter-themed paper that I knew would be PERFECT for my exploding box. The paper is double-sided and fairly heavy. The papers are made by Little Yellow Bicycle. Here are the 6 (well, 12, if you count both sides) sheets I purchase to make my box. I was so excited about them I just had to make cute collages to show you! :)





Thanks for reading, we hope you play along with us! :)

Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box Ashley. Those papers are great.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful box! Great papers!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute box!! I've never made one of those before either. Those papers are gorgeous also :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool box. I may have to make one of those. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...