Thursday, October 13, 2011

Weekly DT Challenge - Handmade Flowers

Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a great week, it's been beautiful here in Northern Illinois, in the 70's every day. Talk about an indian summer! :) I've been a good girl lately and have somehow miraculously caught up with all my homework (which doesn't happen very often) so I've had a lot of extra time for crafting lately. Last night I was actually able to complete this week's and also the next two weeks of challenges for the DT at Becky's Sweet Creations. It feels so good to finally be caught up! 


The challenge this week was to create a card using handmade flowers. I'm still learning how to make them, but with a little more practice I think I'll get there. I'm so lucky to have Becky as a DT leader, she sent me over 100 flower punches! A flower punch is definitely next on my shopping list. :) Here's the card I created for this week's challenge:

The sentiment says 'For A Special Friend' sorry if it's hard to read. 

Here's a close-up of the flowers. Each flower has four punches, so I used about 48 punches all together to make this card. They're painted with acrylic paint and once they dried I pinched them so that each layer was a little more "shriveled" than the next. They're super easy and so fun to make!

What I Used To Make The Card:
- White, yellow, green and purple cardstock paper
- 48 white cardstock flower punches
- Green, yellow and purple acrylic paint
- Cuttlebug with 'Floral Fantasy' embossing folder
- iRock with white gems
- 'For A Special Friend' sentiment in purple ink
- Circle cutter
- Liquid adhesive

Stop by Becky's Sweet Creations to see what other members of the DT came up with using flowers!

Thanks for reading! 

Ashley

7 comments:

  1. I think your flowers are great. I haven't tried making flowers yet. I've got a list of "things to try next"...haha. Great colors and I'm a huge fan of embossing.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    P.S. Everybody needs a friend like Becky...she could send me some flower punches. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Ashley! The flowers are so pretty and the embossing really adds such great texture! Beautiful card :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, it must be spring instead of Fall! Love the embossing and all those sweet flowers. Delightful!
    Cindy Porter
    http://cardcrazeeme53.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so stunning!

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the kind words :) You are a great Joy to have on the DT any DT would be lucky to have such a person as you on there side. You are a big help and a big part great job on the flowers Let me know if you need more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beckie, if you need flowers you let me know I would be more then happy to send you some flower cut outs just let me know the sizes you want :)
    Beckypurplehaze@hotmail.com
    Beckyssweetcreations@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure do like those flowers you made. The pearl is perfect in the center.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...