Monday, July 25, 2011

Circles Go On Forever

I've been wanting to make a black & white card for a while now but couldn't come up with an idea for one.   I finally found some inspiration with the quote "If you love someone, put their name in a circle instead of a heart because hearts can break but circles go on forever." I wanted the card to have an elegant, romantic-feel but not include any hearts. Here's what I came up with:

I created the card so that it can read many ways: always love true, forever love deepest, always love deepest, true love forever, and true love is deepest. 


It's hard to tell in the other pictures, but the black border is embossed using the D'vine Swirl folder. 

Here's what I used to make the card:
- Black & white cardstock
- Black & white patterned paper from The Classics by The Paper Studio
- Cuttlebug
- D'vine Swirl embossing folder
- Alphabet stamps
- Black and white ink
- Paper trimmer
- Elmer's glue pen
- iRock with white & black gems
- White flower embellishments

This is on the top inside of the card. The original picture had too many shadows so I cropped it to just show the quote.

Here's the bottom of the inside of the card.


Close-up of the flower embellishment. I actually colored the gem black with a permanent marker because all I had were white ones.


I feel like I'm always saying this, but, the next two weeks are going to be extremely crazy for me with the end of summer classes and my work schedule. I'm going to try and craft whenever I can squeeze it in, but I have a feeling I won't have too much spare time. Once my break between summer and fall classes starts I'll definitely be crafting as much as I can so I always have something to post.

I hope you all had a great weekend, thanks for stopping by and for the support! :)

Ashley

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this card! everythign about it! wonderfull job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card you have a very nice blog happy to be a new follower now thanks for coming over and following me too
    Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this card! It makes me want to cry! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, I am following you back! I am also giving away some small candy on my blog tomorrow, stop by if you get a chance.
    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley... wonderful site and beautiful card! I am your newest follower and thanks for the sweet visit to my place. Hugs, Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome card! Please come visit my blog. I have some awards for you! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty Card. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card!

    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Ashley. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower I really appreciate it. I have also become a follower of your blog. I love your work and this card is fabulous. TFS
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sentiment and design on this pretty black and white card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...